Thumbnail
Access Restriction
Open

Researcher Parmar, Jaydevsinh M.
Advisor Karetha, K. M.
Source KrishiKosh-Indian National Agricultural Research System
Content type Text
Educational Degree Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Publisher JAU
File Format PDF
Language English
Subject Domain (in DDC) Natural sciences & mathematics ♦ Physics ♦ Light & infrared & ultraviolet phenomena
Subject Keyword Horticulture ♦ Effect of Foliar Spray of Urea and Zinc On Fruit Set ♦ Yield and Quality of Guava Cv. Bhavnagar Red
Abstract The present experiment was carried out at the Fruit Research Station, Madhadibaug, Department of Horticulture, College of Agriculture, Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh during kharif 2012 to study the “Effect of foliar spray of urea and zinc on fruit set, yield and quality of guava cv. Bhavnagar Red†. The experiment was laid out in Randomized Block Design with Factorial concept (FRBD) consisting two factors with three levels of each viz., levels of urea U1 (1.0% urea), U2 (1.5% urea), U3 (2.0% urea) and levels of zinc Z1 (0.2% zinc), Z2 (0.4% zinc) and Z3 (0.6% zinc) and replicated thrice. The results of present investigation revealed that the maximum number of flowers per shoot (5.33) with minimum flower drop (58.89%) were recorded with an application of 1.5% urea (U2). Similarly, significantly the highest fruit set (70.80%), fruit retention (63.17%) and minimum fruit drop (36.83%) were noted with 1.5% urea (U2). Maximum fruit weight (155.47g), volume of fruit (127.12 ml), fruit length (7.98 cm) and fruit girth (7.75 cm) were observed with an application of 1.5% urea (U2). Similarly the maximum TSS (11.85 oBrix), ascorbic acid (220.79 mg/100g), pectin content (0.67%), non-reducing sugar (4.66%), total sugar (7.03%) and the lowest acidity (0.48%) were recorded in 1.5% urea (U2). The treatment U2 (Urea @ 1.5%) gave the highest number of fruits per plant (511.07), yield of fruits per plant (79.77/kg) and yield of fruits (22095 kg/ha). The results of present investigation showed that the highest number of flowers per shoot (5.30) and minimum flower drop (58.18%) were recorded with 0.6% zinc (Z3). Maximum fruit set (70.49%), fruit retention (62.86%) and lowest fruit drop (37.14%) were registered with 0.6% zinc (Z3). The highest fruit weight (153.89g), volume of fruit (125.44 ml), fruit length (7.95 cm) and fruit girth (7.22 cm) were recorded with 0.6% zinc (Z3). Similarly the highest TSS (11.85 oBrix), ascorbic acid (219.21 mg/100g), pectin content (0.67%), reducing sugar (2.34%), non-reducing sugar (4.61%), total sugar (6.95%) and minimum acidity (0.47%)were noted in 0.6% zinc (Z3). Significantly highest number of fruits per plant (489.69), yield of fruits per plant (75.75kg) and yield of fruits (20984 kg/ha) were registered in 0.6% zinc (Z3). From the present investigation it was revealed that the treatment of 1.5% urea (U2) gave the maximum net realization of Rs. 1,45,220/ha with a CBR of 5.60 and the treatment of 0.6% zinc (Z3) gave the maximum net realization of 1,35,402/ha with a CBR of 5.17.
Educational Use Research
Education Level UG and PG
Learning Resource Type Thesis
Publisher Place Junagadh
Size (in Bytes) 53.82 MB
Page Count 135